The Senior Adult Ministry seeks to equip, enable, and encourage our senior adult members to meet the needs of senior adults in our church and community. Our Senior Adult Ministry is not just a ministry for senior adults. It is a ministry by senior adults to senior adults. Some features of the Senior Adult Ministry include:
- A monthly newsletter, The Golden Chit Chat, to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries, promote coming events, and provide a devotion.
- A monthly luncheon with a speaker or a musician. We alternate programs among educational, inspirational, and entertainment.
- A senior adult choir, The Joyful Sounds meets each Tuesday (except the third Tuesday). The choir sings for worship several times a year.
- An outreach out our homebound members. Each homebound member receives a visit, a call, and a card each month.
- A trip every two months. Some are day trips, while others may be over several nights. (Nashville, Branson, Pigeon Forge, Creation Museum, Ark Encounter)
- A day to recognize and honor our senior adults. The first Sunday in May is Senior Adult Day at EBC. The senior adult choir sings during the service, and we provide a luncheon afterward.